Disney awards $ 3 million in grants to six Central Florida nonprofits
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Walt disney world, Disney gave $ 3 million in grants to six different nonprofits in central Florida.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared the news of Disney donations, which will help support important causes and inspire a world of difference for children and families in the community.
- Disney is working with these six nonprofits to find solutions to important issues across the region and empower everyone to create a better future.
- The Parks Blog also shared a video on the grants:
- Offer children the village of the world
- As a founding partner of this organization since 1986, Give Kids The World Village is an integral part of our wish-granting efforts at Walt Disney World Resort. During a transformative week at Give Kids The World Village, Wish families can laugh, play and create priceless memories together, away from hospital visits and medical procedures, helping children build physical strength and emotional need to fight serious illness. Disney VoluntEARS are a mainstay of Give Kids The World Village, coordinating meals, serving ice cream and helping families staying at the resort.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida
- A key partner in supporting youth development, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida give children the confidence they need to stay out of trouble, make good decisions, and chart the course to healthy and productive lives through extracurricular activities. , including events and programs with our Disney VoluntEARS.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
- Driven to fill the gap of unmet need in Central Florida, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida helps create hope and nourish lives through a powerful network to fight hunger. The Disney Harvest program supports the excellent work of Second Harvest serving more than 40 Orlando area nonprofits. Disney characters in the Second Harvest warehouse.
- United Way in the Heart of Florida
- As a longtime partner of the Walt Disney World Resort, Heart of Florida United Way improves the lives of individuals and families, creating strong communities by uniting people and organizations to create measurable results and lasting impact.
- Hope Partnership
- Supporting families experiencing homelessness and poverty in Osceola County, Hope Partnership provides a pathway to employment, health care and housing through its Hope Works program, connecting individuals with organizations like Disney VoluntEARS for skills-based support.
- RAISE Orlando
- ELEVATE Orlando strives to forge life-changing relationships with urban youth, providing students with opportunities such as shadowing at work, personal presentations, and classroom speaker series which have been an extremely Disney VoluntEARS event. popular for employees of The Walt Disney Company.