The popular Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale returns to the Valley for its 14th year.
According to a press release, the 2022 tour takes place Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13 at nine home art studios of local artists in the 40th Street and Camelback Road, 44th Street and McDonald Drive, and Downtown neighborhoods. of Phoenix origin and residences in south Scottsdale where the event was born on 56th Street and Thomas Road.
“The Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale not only gives art lovers the chance to mingle with their favorite artists and see current work in their own studios, it’s also a great opportunity to purchase art direct to the source to deliver holiday gifts,” Lynn Gustafson of the South Scottsdale Art Alliance said in the release. “We are proud to host this event which serves as a way to promote local artists and preserve their leaders. -work.”
This year’s event features 30 artists. Guests are welcome to start anytime during this free, self-guided two-day tour and walk the art trail in any way they choose. Many locations are close together, making it easy to walk and cycle, while a car offers a quicker way to have plenty of time to visit all participating studios in a day.
Tour stops include the following residential art studios where several other artists and their works will be on site:
- 5909 E. Edgemont Ave. — Metal art by Sally Borg, clay art and jewelry by Pam Harrison, pet portraits by Fiona Purdy, and jewelry by Shelly Taylor
- 5702 E. Wilshire Drive – Fused glass by Lynn Gustafson, ceramics by Mary Delmege, lampworked glass and metal jewelry by Anita Farrah, jewelry by Julie Gilbert Weeks, paintings by Jules Gissler, and jewelry by Jan Stiles
- 5628 E. Vernon Ave. – Handcrafted sculpture and functional clay by Allison Shock and oil paintings by Devon Meyer
- 2320 N. 58th St. — Mixed media by Joe Ray, glass and metal jewelry by Kathryn Guler, handmade soap art by Shirley Knipp, wind chimes and metal art by Christine Ray, and silk paintings and wearable art by Cheri Reckers
- 5454 E. Vernon Ave. — Paintings by Bernard Nienaber
- 4808 N. 40th Place—Ceramics, watercolors and prints by Kimberly Harris, ceramics and jewelry by Judith Amiel-Bendheim, ceramics, drawings and prints by Deborah Hodder, ceramics by C. Marcus McCarty and ceramics by Jamie Watts
- 5844 N. 45th Place – 2D/3D Abstract Art Paintings and Recycled Art by Laura Madden and Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor and Mixed Media by Cyn Silva
- 5831 N. 46th Place – Sculpture, metal and 3D printed art by Kevin Caron, acrylic and mixed media paintings by Nancy Pendleton and porcelain pottery by Robert Snyder
- 5516 N. Camelback Canyon Drive – Oil paintings by Ellen Leibow and photographs by Bill Leibow
With artwork ranging from handmade jewelry and gifts to painting and sculpture, the Camelback Studio Tour and Art Sale offers a unique shopping opportunity in time for holiday gift giving. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 12 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, November 13. Free entry. A printable map and more details about the Camelback studio tour and art sale are available online at camelbackstudiotour.com.
Camelback studio visit and art sale,
Scottsdale Art Walk,
Scottsdale Art Galleries