CIAF is committed to strengthening and celebrating culture, creating professional development opportunities for artists, and cultural exchange between native and Torres Strait Islanders and visitors.
CIAF focuses on providing an ethical art market, attracting national and international collectors and curators, commissioning new work, and providing pathways for emerging visual and performance artists.
ART MARKET GUIDELINES
The CIAF art market is organized and all potential art market dealers are bound by the following conditions
– The products must be creative and original works; independent designs or products of a handmade nature.
– The presentation of the work should be professional with the finished product(s), including the professional quality of any images or materials used to market your brand.
– Products must demonstrate a commitment to independent design, adopting and/or utilizing traditional craftsmanship, new technologies in art and design and/or innovative manufacturing methods.
– Works must not be designed or created by Indigenous artists and/or designers who have been commissioned by a commercial enterprise.
– The work must respect the CIAF culture code.
– Application forms due: Friday 22 April
– Payment of stand fees due: Friday, April 29
– Art Market Install: Tuesday July 5, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– Art Fair Bump out: Sunday July 10, 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For more information, visit CIAF